Sunday, June 15, 2014

Cheers to my favorite autism daddy!

A quick post about my favorite autism daddy-

Thanks for being by my side for almost 14 years and staying strong during this roller coaster ride. Things have not always been perfect and at times the lows have been really low. I am glad we have stuck together. This road would be much more rocky and not as much fun if we let our struggles get the best of us.

Thanks for helping clean up poop, get up with the kids at night, laugh when the kids run around naked and sometimes throw their food across the kitchen. I am glad we can find ways to laugh at things that others would find stressful. Our children (and I) are grateful that you are such a hands on dad. You were before autism and still are. That is something to be proud of- many dads would just give up.

Thanks for letting me cry when things get tough and my exhaustion gets the best of me. Thanks for being vulnerable too. It takes a real man to dig in and be an autism dad and not just take the back seat while I clean up the messes.

Thanks for being my friend, partner and love of my life. We have made some hairy decisions over the year, but have really come out on top. We have blazed our own trail and there isn't anyone else I would rather travel through life.

Now go eat your breakfast and enjoy a coffee. Cheers!

*boom* she drops the microphone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment